The most common way that something gets done at LOOP is as follows:
Someone has an idea, they share it with a few coworkers, they collaboratively refine what it should be, and they go build it. People are their own project managers, and this works because everybody on the team understands our business and what's important to us and to our Learners and Producers. The point is…
You will have lots of autonomy and a huge impact on our business.
Our start-up environment is located near a MRT station, and is relaxed and close-knit, with regular team lunches, monthly Fun-Time Fridays, and frequent health-related activities such Yoga, Salad-Making, and Archery etc.
We have a great team and a friendly place to work where we enjoy the freedom to innovate in an exciting start-up environment. Our environment requires imaginative thinkers with the ability to work independently on simultaneous projects and collaborate effectively with other team members.
While we pride ourselves on being flexible, there are certain things we feel very strongly about:
- Strong work ethic. We value punctuality, professionalism, pride and a desire for success.
- Dependability You can be relied on to keep your promises. You are always on time and prepared for meetings, and deliver your work on schedule and on budget. Your reputation for reliability precedes you because you’ve proven over time that customers, clients and colleagues can trust you to do everything you say you will. In an uncertain world, your customers, colleagues and clients will appreciate the stability you embody.
- Simplicity over everything. If you're smart enough to write 100s of lines of clever spaghetti code, you should be smart enough to realize that someone will probably break it later. It can be hard to make things simple and elegant, but it’s worth the effort and the time.
- Great teams are better than the all-star players. No matter how great someone's ideas are, they'll be improved upon through collaboration with other stellar engineers.
- Understand the whole business. Great software isn’t built in a vacuum -- it requires hard work from extremely smart people across many disciplines and an understanding of how it all fits and works together.
- Have fun. In order to produce exceptional work, you have to love what you do.
LOOP is seeking master craftsmen of the binary arts for the position of Binary Artist in a new start-up!
There are those who make art with a brush and a canvas. And then there are those who create magic with a keyboard and an intimate familiarity with programming. Here at Loop, we’re looking for talented binary artists who can create new worlds through the power of their written codes. Through your technical design, development, and deployment of amazing products, you’ll delight all our customers in an agile developmental environment.
The right Looper will have a successful track record of involvement in building software, and because we’re a small but rapidly growing team, you’ll get to have maximum impact and input in what we make!
We do not hire based on specific buzzwords, technologies, or popular acronyms. The languages we use today will not be the languages of tomorrow, so we expect you not only to be a sufficient master of today’s tools, but pioneers of tomorrow’s.
- While having expertise in specific areas, the job may require enhancing code up and down the software stack
- Be able to enhance code up and down the software stack, regardless of specific expertise.
- Function as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed. This may involve some project planning, resource planning, and deployment planning in additional to his/her current software engineering responsibilities
- Mentor junior Software Development Engineers to become proficient Engineers using best software development practices and processes
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Shown success as an individual contributor. Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver major initiatives from beginning to full deployment in a timely manner.
- Embrace good development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews.
- Exhibited passion for delivering high quality products that meet business requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of well-known software technologies and services and curiosity to continue to evaluate new technologies that may improve performance and elegance of our software implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and with cross-functional technical and business teams. Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to solve time-critical problems
- Exhibited passion for mentoring and contributing to the development of others through code reviews, tech talks, or personal coaching.
- Diploma in Computer Science or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in application development
- Knowledge in the Technologies currently deployed:
- Linux OS, Moodle
- Git, Github, Mantis
- Amazon Web Services
Do you believe that engineering may sometimes not be about mechanics and calculations, but about the delicate and intricate web of interpersonal relations? If you do, you may be the right Looper for the post of Social Engineer!
As our Social Engineer, you represent LOOP to a world of both solo and corporate content Producers, as well as to the ever-growing LOOP Nation, comprised of satisfied and eager Learners ready for more LOOP-ing! You will be responsible for developing and executing our growth marketing strategy, including planning and executing compelling free and paid marketing campaigns through a full range of online channel. You will forge new relationships and strengthen existing ones with both Learners and Producers as you aid us in fortifying the LOOP E-cosystem,
The right Looper will be someone with a proven history in generating demand in a B2B market for software. Working together with a small but growing sales team, you will need to have experience managing marketing budgets and will get to be closely involved with product and marketing strategy.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of a new era in E-Learning with us!
- Drive brand awareness, perception and engagement through development of integrated marketing plans that utilize Social, Email, Direct Mail, SEM, Display, Affiliates, OOH, Print, TV, and Radio as appropriate
- Come up with big, creative campaign ideas and improve them by collaborating with team members
- Develop integrated marketing plans to bring cohesion to day to day performance marketing and brand awareness initiatives
- Collaborate with teams to ensure that marketing initiatives consider the holistic customer journey throughout the site experience
- Lead integrated product marketing campaigns for major product launches
- Author multi-channel creative briefs to ensure consistency of deliverables and efficiency of workload management of our creative and operations partners
- Work closely with agency and internal creative partners to ensure that all creative deliverables align to overall brand strategy and creative guidelines
- Ensure execution across an internal matrix of channel owners and outside agency partners
- Work with Marketing Analytics partners to understand campaign performance and impact
- 3+ year’s digital marketing experience in B2B SaaS with an inbound and content-driven focus.
- Proven ability to strategize and execute campaigns across SEO, a variety of SEM channels, content marketing, and other channels.
- Experience with lead qualification, scoring, and nurturing campaigns.
- Highly data-driven with experience managing a paid marketing budget.
- Experienced with marketing automation and CRM tools like Hubspot and Salesforce.
- Ability to build and manage a rich content campaign calendar that builds a inbound pipeline of qualified leads.
- Creativity to craft compelling messages and content.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, attention to detail, and customer focus.
Contents and Community Conductor / C3
LOOP is seeking a Contents & Community Conductor to join our young and growing team!
As our Contents & Community Conductor (or C3, as you'll affectionately called), you will be the face of the company when it comes to reaching out to current and potential customers. You will hold the baton for growing our Content & Community via orchestrating the development of partnerships with individual experts and content provider organizations as needed to bring top new courses to LOOP - courses that will make a difference from a quality, revenue, and new-student acquisition perspective.
Our C3 needs to be highly-motivated and capable of processing vast amounts of data in a fast-paced environment, turning them into action for our customers. Your strategies will prove invaluable as we grow in strength and name, together!
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Work with our sales organization to help align our customers’ needs with content available in the LOOP marketplace.
- Partner with the LOOP business and product development teams to test courses, develop product marketing materials and prepare courses for upload.
- Research e-learning content providers who are potential LOOP partners. Identify and establish a collaborative relationship with the appropriate decision maker.
- Lead the prospect through the partnership process, responding to any objections and questions.
- Manage the content partner relationships to help optimize sales.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a people-oriented, friendly can-do attitude.
- Attention to detail and deadlines and the ability to work both independently and as a team player as situations require.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Previous sales experience is a plus, but not required.
- Database or CRM experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience with IT and Desktop training providers is a plus, but not required.
- Exceptional telephone presence and manner (your first interview will be conducted via telephone).
Wanted: A meticulous, sharp-eyed digital defender for the position of Digital Gatekeeper here at LOOP!
Given the increasing complexity of ICT projects today, it is more imperative than ever to be able to adhere to the strictest standards of development! To that end, the LOOP team is scouting for someone with a keen eye for spotting flaws and bugs, and taking out these little critters ASAP!
As our Digital Gatekeeper, this Looper will be our last line of defense against anything we don’t want escaping into our final deliverables. To that end, the LOOP team will equip you with the weapons needed to stand firm and say: “You shall not pass!”
Don’t miss this opportunity to be our guardian today!
Someone who :
- loves breaking things
- has a systematic approach to understanding complex systems
- has the ability to define multiple ways a complex software system can fail
- has a good understanding of awesome end-to-end user experience
- hates doing same things over and over, therefore finds ways to automate things
- Diploma in Computer Science or its equivalent
- Knowledgeable in automated testing and SPT tools (JMeter, OpenSTA)
- Knowledgeable in bug tracking tools like Mantis and other Ticketing tools
- Knowledgeable in database queries (SQL)
- Familiar with web standards and usability